Baby Skincare 101: Benefits, Tips and More
The arrival of a baby is a stressful and exhilarating experience at the same time. When your baby comes into the world, you want to shield it from all harm that may come its way. You pay extra attention to its diet and make sure it gets everything it needs on time.
Your baby’s skincare routine is also as important as its diet and overall well being. A newborn’s skin is super delicate and hence needs to be nourished and pampered every day to keep it healthy and supple.
While you may get away with not following a proper routine for yourself, you don’t hesitate to go that extra mile to pick just the right products for your baby’s skin.
Importance Of Mild & Natural Products For Babies
- A baby’s skin barrier continues to develop during its first year. Hence, it is vital to introduce only gentle and soothing baby products for skincare.
- Natural baby skin care products with ingredients like plant butters and oils are gentle on the skin and help soothe inflammation. They also help strengthen the baby's skin barrier and keep it moisturised throughout the day.
- Organic baby skin care products that are made with nourishing ingredients are a good alternative to commercially available baby products. They are made with ingredients that are happily tolerated by your baby’s skin. And are good for the environment too.
Importance & Benefits Of Skincare For Babies
We often think a baby’s skin is perfect and may not need any special care. This is a myth. From diaper rashes, eczema to dryness, their skin can get irritated quickly. So using the right newborn baby skin care products and establishing a proper baby skincare routine should always be a priority.
This ensures your baby’s skin feels soft and smooth to touch due to emollients present in organic baby skin products. Plus the natural oils form a protective barrier that shields your baby’s soft skin and keeps irritants at bay.
Step By Step Guide For Baby SkincareThe market is filled with hundreds of baby products which makes it easy to be overwhelmed as to what to use. But the less is more approach is the key to creating a healthy skincare routine for newborns. The fewer the steps involved, the better. So choose your baby skincare products accordingly.
Step 1: Cleanse Gently.
This is the first and most important step for newborn baby skincare routine. Choose a cleanser that is gentle and doesn’t strip the skin of its natural moisture like cold-pressed soaps or body washes that are made with natural soothing ingredients.
Apply a small quantity and massage it all over the body paying special attention to hands and feet. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat skin dry with a soft towel.
Step 2: Moisturize Daily.
To protect your baby’s soft, delicate skin from dryness apply a rich and nourishing baby cream. Massage the cream all over their body with gentle strokes and pay special attention to the elbows and knees.
Pick a moisturiser that is packed with plant butters and natural oils as they are loaded with nutrients and fatty acids that help soothe the skin.
Home Remedies & Other Skincare Tips
- Make a homemade ubtan with ingredients like oats, gram flour and turmeric to cleanse your baby’s skin once a week. (Always do a patch test first)
- Always keep your baby in shade to limit sun exposure.
- Bathing too often can also leave your baby’s skin dry. So bathe your baby only once a day with lukewarm water.
- Use cold-pressed oils to keep your baby’s skin moisturised.
- Choose only gentle and hydrating baby products for skincare routine.
- Limit the use of scented and artificially coloured baby skin products.
- Change diapers frequently to avoid rashes and use a diaper rash cream to form a protective layer.
- Dress your baby in comfortable, soft, airy clothes to avoid any heat rashes.
- If irritation or rashes persist, consult your paediatrician at the earliest.
Juicy Chemistry's Range of Products For Baby Skincare Routine
Rosehip, Coconut & Calendula Diaper Rash Balm: A nourishing balm that soothes your baby’s irritated skin and moisturises the skin deeply.
Mango, Argan & Shea Butter Baby Cream: A deeply moisturising body butter that keeps your baby’s delicate skin soft and happy.
Avocado, Coconut & Olive Gentle Head To Toe Baby Wash: A mild body wash that gently cleanses your baby’s skin leaving it nourished.
Organic Cleansing Baby Soap: A super fatted cold-pressed soap formulated especially for a baby’s delicate skin to keep it healthy and nourished.
Almond, Calendula & Vitamin E Baby Massage Oil: A nourishing massage oil that improves skin texture and moisturises dry skin and scalp.
All JC products are certified organic by EcoCert France as per Cosmos V3 standards.
Should skin care baby products be patch tested?
Yes, before introducing any product in your baby’s routine, apply it to a small area of skin and wait for 24 hrs to check for irritation or allergies.
At what age can JC organic baby skin products be used?
You can use our baby skincare products from the time they are born until they reach adulthood.
Do JC’s products for babies have essential oils?
No, we do not add essential oils to any of baby skincare products to make them sensitive skin friendly.
Can adults use baby skincare products?
Yes, since the products are formulated for extremely sensitive and delicate skin, even adults can benefit from our junior care products.