Almond is known as a 'King Of Nuts' for a reason! Almond Oil is extracted by pressing the nuts and has a variety of benefits for skin as well as hair. Today we will be talking about how to use almond oil for hair and the benefits of the same.
Speaking about hair, everyone yearns for healthy looking, thick hair. Although healthy hair is an outcome of diet combined with a good hair care regime. If you are looking for a good oil to treat your hair, then almond oil is the right choice.
Almond oil contains vitamin E, vitamin A, essential fatty acids, proteins, potassium, and zinc. A powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients, makes it a good choice to include in your haircare regime.
Is Almond oil beneficial in treating hairfall?
Yes but up to a certain extent. The causes of hair fall can be many which might include dietary deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, certain health conditions or ongoing medical treatment etc. So depending on a hair oil or treatment solely to reduce hair fall might be a little disappointing.
Owing to the Vitamin E contents of Almond Oil, it offers antioxidant properties to the scalp. Regular use of almond oil may help reduce the hairfall. A light scalp massage with a few drops of almond oil will be beneficial for treating hairfall.
Is Almond Oil good for Hair?
Sweet Almond oil is one of the most popular carrier oils be it for skin or hair. It has a nutty yet sweet aroma and is a light oil that gets absorbed easily into the skin or scalp. Using it as a standalone hair oil or mixed with essential oils like rosemary essential oil can be beneficial for overall hair and scalp health. You can use almond oil in various ways as a scalp conditioner or as a hair softener. We will discuss this further in the section of How to use Almond Oil for your Hair.
How to use Almond Oil for your Hair?
As discussed earlier, Almond Oil is nutrient and vitamin dense. This peculiar quality of Almond oil makes it a right hair oil for yourself. Let us check the benefits of Almond Oil for hair in the below section
- Helps in softening and conditioning the hair - the emollient properties of almond oil help retain the moisture in the hair. When applied to the hair ends it helps in reducing the frizz or dryness.
- Reduces dandruff of flaky scalp - Almond oil helps in reducing the dryness of the scalp by moisturizing it, thus helps in relieving the itchiness of scalp.
- May promote hair growth - Almond oil contains biotin which is touted to be beneficial for hair growth. It is naturally found in almond oil and regular use of the same might help in promoting hair growth.
- Helps in strengthening and repairing the hair - as stated earlier, Almond oil contains vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant. The antioxidant combats the environmental stress around the hair, thereby strengthening them. The emollient and moisturizing properties help repair the dryness by preventing the breakage of hair shaft.
How to use Almond Oil for Hair?
Using Almond oil for hair can be as easy as using it alone for a light scalp massage or as a conditioner for your hair ends after a shower. A few drops of almond oil are enough to reap the benefits of it. When combined with a few other ingredients you can use it as conditioner or as a scalp stimulator. Let's see some ways to use almond oil for hair
- Mix one teaspoon of aloe gel with half a teaspoon of cold pressed almond oil and whisk lightly. Apply this as a hair mask and leave for half and hour before the shampoo. Shampoo as usual and dry tour hair normally without any heat.
- Mix one teaspoon of almond oil with 2 drops of rosemary essential oil. Use as a night time scalp massage treatment. Wash off with a mild shampoo next day. Please remember to always dilute essential oils in carrier oils and not use directly on the scalp or skin. Always perform a patch test when using any essential oils.
- Take 2-3 drops of almond oil and apply to the damp hair ends after a shampoo. This helps in retaining the moisture while reducing the frizz.
Let us check the Juicy Chemistry products that have almond oil as an ingredient
- Juicy Chemistry Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil - carrier oil extracted from the cold pressed method to keep the nutrients and vitamin in almonds intact. Rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, and E, it deeply nourishes the skin and conditions dry, damaged hair.
- Juicy Chemistry Cedarwood & Hemp Beard Oil - nourishing beard oil that softens and smoothens the beard while moisturising the skin as well.
- Juicy Chemistry Marula, Argan & Lavender Hair Oil - A hydrating blend of soothing and stimulating essential oils and moisturising oils for dry and unmanageable hair.
- Juicy Chemistry Camellia, Amla & Apricot Leave In Conditioner - A hair balm enriched with Amla, Apricot and Sweet Almond oil that hydrate and nourish the hair without making it too greasy. It adds a radiance to the hair, makes it more manageable and hydrates.
Frequently Asked Questions about Almond Oil
Can I use Almond Oil daily for my hair?
Yes you can, however a patch test is must for any irritation or allergic reaction. Use a few drops everyday as a light scalp massage. Avoid using excessive amounts of oil for daily use.
Which Almond oil is good?
A cold pressed sweet almond oil is the best choice. Cold pressing the almond nuts ensures that the nutrients and vitamins are intact.
Can we apply almond oil directly on hair?
Yes you can apply directly on hair. Take a small amount between your palms before applying it. Massage the oil onto the scalp as well end of the hair shaft. Leave the oil on your hair. People who have nut allergies, should patch test first.
Can we use almond oil as a leave in conditioner?
Yes, emollient properties of almond oil make it a good leave-in conditioner. Take a few drops of almond oil and apply on slightly damp hair ends after showering. This helps in retaining the moisture in the hair ends thereby reducing the frizz. Just remember not to use too much quantity of almond oil.
We hope you like the post and don't forget to check out the cold pressed sweet almond oil by Juicy Chemistry.