Kalonji oil, also known as Black seed oil, is derived from nigella sativa seeds. It is a small flowering plant with tiny black seeds, also known as black cumin. It is used for medicinal and cooking purposes since many years. It is a therapeutic oil that benefits your skin, hair and body.
Can Kalonji Oil help Regrow Hair?
Kalonji oil is rich in antioxidants and has antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it one of the best oils for hair. It known to reverse hair damage and help in hair regrowth.
Application of Herbal Hair oil infused with Kalonji oil, Coconut oil, Amla, Henna, Bermuda Grass and Fenugreek, has shown positive results in reducing hair fall and improving hair growth. The Clinical study also states that using herbal oil (a mixture of different ingredients) is better than using only one ingredient oil on hair.
Kalonji Oil Benefits for Hair
- Promotes hair growth: Kalonji oil or black seed oil is rich in nigellone and thymoquinone, which let your hair grow and reduce inflammation and fungal allergies.
- Reverse Hair Damage: Hair gets damaged due to various factors like sun, dirt, pollution and heat. These factors make hair dull, dry and lifeless. A massage with kalonji oil helps to provide essential nutrients to your scalp and hair strands. It nourishes hair from the roots, makes them stronger and reverses the damage.
- Moisturises Hair: If you have dry, frizzy and unmanageable hair, use herbal oil infused with kalonji oil. Massage it 2 hours before hair wash. Regular usage will improve the health of your scalp, reduce sebum production and condition hair strands, making them less dry and frizzy.
- Prevents Premature Greying: Regular use of kalonji oil prevents premature greying of hair. With ageing, hair follicles make less melanin, which make our hair grey. Nutrients of Kalonji oil prevents the reduction of pigment cells and keeps hair black for long.
- Reduces Hair Fall: As we know that kalonji oil is rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins, it strengthens hair from roots. With continued usage, you will notice less breakage of hair, reducing hair fall.
- Adds Shine: Regular use of kalonji oil adds shine, making hair softer after every use. Add 3-4 few drops on your palm, massage well on your hair strands.
Kalonji Oil Uses for Hair
Warm 2-3 tablespoons of Kalonji oil according to your hair length. Section your hair and dip a cotton ball into the oil. Apply the oil to your scalp. Massage well for 5-7 minutes and wear a shower cap. Leave it for 1-2 hours. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Don't forget to apply 2 drops of kalonji oil as a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair manageable.
Kalonji Oil with Castor Oil
Add 2 tablespoons of Kalonji oil in 1 tablespoon of castor oil. Warm the oil mixture. Section your hair and dip a cotton ball into the oil mixture. Apply it to your scalp, focusing on problematic areas. Massage well for 5-7 minutes and wear a shower cap. Leave it for 1-2 hours. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Don't forget to apply a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair manageable. Repeat this process once a week to see improvement in hair growth after 4-6 weeks.
Kalonji Oil with Coconut Oil
Add 2 tablespoons of Kalonji oil in 2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Warm the oil mixture. Section your hair and dip a cotton ball into the oil mixture. Apply it to your scalp, focusing on problematic areas. Massage well for 5-7 minutes and wear a shower cap. Leave it for 1-2 hours. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Don't forget to apply a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair manageable. Repeat this process two times a week to see improvement in hair fall and reduce hair damage.
Juicy Chemistry’s Kalonji Oil (Black Seed Oil) is Certified Natural by Ecocert (France) in accordance with COSMOS V3 standard.
JC Chilli, Horsetail & Black Seed Oil: It is a wonderful product for promoting better hair growth. This lightweight hair oil stimulates the scalp and improves blood circulation. It makes hair stronger and healthier.
Kalonji oil (Black seed oil) has some amazing benefits for the hair but we highly recommend patch tests and using it with caution. Don’t overuse! Take professional guidance if necessary.
Potential Benefits of Black Seed Oil Supplementation on Asthma Inflammation and Outcomes - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
A review on therapeutic potential of Nigella sativa: A miracle herb (nih.gov)
Evaluation of a Therapeutic Alternative for Telogen Effluvium: A Pilot Study (scirp.org)
FORMULATION AND FINDING OUT THE EFFICACY OF THE HERBAL HAIR OIL OVER SIMPLE COCONUT OIL (PURIFIED) – A FORMULATION AND CLINICAL STUDY IN BANGLADESH | INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH (ijpsr.com)
(PDF) 27-30-Article The Effectiveness of Coconut Oil Mixed With Herbs To Promote Hair Growth | ijeee ijeee - Academia.edu